Managing Meal Time Mountain  

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

As a mom of five, I guarantee that climbing Mount McKinley often pales in comparison to the managing of our mealtime madness. Once thing I can guarantee is that spending quality time in the kitchen and connecting with friends and family around the meal time will leave a lasting legacy for generations to come. This simple, deliberate act will add more to building strong, family ties and opening the lines of communication with our kids than 100 trips to Disney.

This will be my opportunity to share what works, (and what doesn't) when it comes to maneuvering this mountain. We will brainstorm ideas on cooking with the kids, bulk cooking, 4 Meals in 4 Minutes, and a host of other ideas. I am open for ideas......we will liven up this mealtime madness together. It's about sharing ideas, and getting excited about cooking again. Is this possible? I know so. Homemade Gourmet has helped me solve some of these dilemmas, but it's not just about our products (which are great), it's about looking at our dinner time from a new perspective.
Amid busy schedules, sports, school, and ..... life. I hope this blog will refresh, encourage, and inspire you to bring your families back to the dinner table...something that our family is still working on.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


10 comments: to “ Managing Meal Time Mountain

  • Anonymous
    July 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

    cant wait till you get up and going. I need all the help in the kitchen that I can get, hehe.. Susie H~

  • Jess NBP
    July 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

    hey there, thx for stopping by.. Kim over accidentalmommies.com if u look further in my blog there's a post called sunday shouts that has her link. she made it but trisha over at momdot clued me in as to how to get it grabbable.. LOL i just made a new word, i think. :)

  • trish
    July 18, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

    I am looking forward to your healthy homemade meals. :o)

  • Kelly
    August 18, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

    Hi - I am in a cooking co-op. It is SAVING DINNER TIME! I am in a group with 3 other like size families. We take turns mega cooking. On Monday night I make dinner for all 4 families (mine +3), and deliver. Then Tuesday, Thursday & Friday dinner is delivered to my door. (we eat at church on Wednesday nights).

    Last year we did an entree +2 sides. For the summer, we did just the entree. Now for the new school year, we'll be doing dinner +1 side. It is fabulous.

    Let me know if you want more details.

  • Screaming Meme
    August 27, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

    I can't wait!I need help with this! :) If I haven't invited you to my Faux School ...here is an invitation!..... I wanted to personally invite you to Screaming Meme’s Faux School….my on~line fauxing class…I teach different techniques…like antiquing,distressing,fooling the eye,crackling…and more…Come over and check it out! Hurry…Your late to class!:)

  • Heather - Sanctified Woman
    September 4, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

    I'm ready!
    Feed me :) some ideas that are doable :)...

  • Unknown
    September 13, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

    hi
    hello
    how was your day?
    i liked your blog
    you are fantastic!!!

    really nice blog
    fabulous fantastic
    bye
    take care
    see you

  • Sandy W
    October 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

    This looks fantastic and I've subscribed to the RSS and added the link to my cooking blog. Awesome!

    I LOVE all three of your blogs and thank you for sharing!

  • Anonymous
    November 12, 2008 at 12:52 AM  

    Great work.

  • Anonymous
    September 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

    bet on sports, bet football, foootball betting
    bet online online sports betting betting online